Wednesday, October 30, 2013

28 October 2013 - Estancia, Brazil

It's always a good day when we get missionary e-mails, and doubly so when we get pictures! Wahoo! To help give you all a bit of context, here are some summaries of what Dad said in his e-mail to Elder Frogley. A relative of ours (I'll let her announce who she is in her own time) is expecting baby number 3 (obviously not Emily); the 26th was Dad's birthday; weather in Logan these days is in the 60s (which sounds pretty nice to me); Dad challenged himself to be able to do 59 push-ups by his 59th birthday (he didn't say if he succeeded--we'll assume he did); Dad made his own birthday dinner, and he's an awesome chef (so is Mom, but Dad tends to be even more creative because he doesn't bother with recipes). That about covers it.



Me and my bro Heleman making things out of
i dont know what exactly.
Haha, 3!!? Wow! Tell her congrats!! Happy birthday!!!!!! I didnt forget! I was looking at my watch durring the baptisim thinking ´´wow, Dads old.´´ haha, just kidding, 59 pushups is pretty impressive! 60 degrees is nippy! Yall go outside in that kind of weather?? I think Id be confined to the house! When we get back from brazil, im expecting an epic thankgiving or some kind of Dad feast. With a superfood smoothy! i went through withdrawls in the MTC.
Clarisa and her family, Andrea is the Mom,
Carla is the tall one in Black
and Carlina is the one next to me.
Well, transfers have come and gone yet again! I will be staying here. Again! This will make 7 months for me in this area! The people here are going to get tired of me! I think pres is keeping me here because were still trying to open the new area and hes going to want me to open it up when we do. So I get to stick here till that happens. Actually our entire house is going to stay here. Pres didnt touch the entire district! That means were doing something right. 
and I found this ostrich sitting in this field. Weird
This week was fairly hecktic. We were trying to get everything ready for me to leave, cause we were convinced that I would. We went around and talked to all of our baptisims, and all the recent converts and all the people we are teaching, making sure they would be baptised and everything. We visited Andrea and Carol and Carolina alot. (family of Clarisa) they are very excited about the church. On Friday we read the scriptured with them, 2 Nephi chapter 32, about baptisim. We asked them what they thought after. Andrea said ´´ I feel like im finally learning somthing. I read the scriptures and understand and they help me.´´ Which is something which didnt happen with her other church (Catholic) and Carol just said ´´I just want to be baptised´´ Which was excelent. They both comited to go to church. With the other family were teaching, we visited them... Tuesday? Cant remember. The Dad finaly started to read the BofM! Took him long enough. But no one else had time. They all are still really excited about the church, and they love us to death. They just have a rough time keeping their comitments. But when we visited, they had a bunch of family and friends there. Did I already tell yall this?  I cant remember what day it was. Ill keep going. we talked with the Moms sister and her husband. They live kinda far away, but they were very enthusiastic about the gospel! It was excelent! They were asking questions and they were understanding everything! and the Father of the family that were teaching was helping us teach! he explained Alma 32 perfectly! that was cool! When we stared to talk about the BofM, the brother of the Mom of the Family (I cant remember their names, one of my weaknesses as a missionary) gor very excited. He was like ´´I knew there had to be prophets in the Americas too! I always wondered about that!´´ Were definately going to send the other missionaries there. Jose Lito just keeps getting better. He came and asked me about a young man that we visited together. He wants to go back and visit him again. He was very forcefull about it. The guy he wants to visit is completely dead and wont want a thing. But its great to see the enthusiasm in Jose Lito. Hes like a new missionary. Now were just slowly but surely working with his wife. Thats pretty much it for this week! Oh I forgot Sunday! Andrea and Carol went to church! They loved it! Carol went to young womens, and the young women marked her baptisim for us. Which we thought was funny. Theyll both be baptised on the 9th! Very cool. The family didnt make it to church, again. Its getting to the point where were going to have to dump them. Anyway, Love you! Dad, right now im studying alot about the pre life experience. THe nature of the Devil and how it will aply to our future exsistence. Just these crazy questions and this deep doctrine stuff. Hey, would it be possible for you to send me some deep doctrine books? I cant get them in English here. Like the Kolob theory and stuff like that! I also read the pearl of great price for the first time! Very interesting! 
Love you all!
Elder Frogley 

No comments:

Post a Comment