Thursday, May 22, 2014

19 May 2014 - Viçosa, Brazil

Well hello everybody! So glad you could join us. In Dad's e-mail to Elder Frogley we learned that Dad was quite sick during the family's final move to Layton, which Elder Frogley references with his "twins" comment, and that Elder Frogley will likely give his returned-missionary talk at the old ward in Providence. Oh, and we have pictures :) And for those of you wondering, those six booklets that Elder Frogley is holding up are the six discussions that missionaries used to use before Preach My Gospel. I used them myself, but I believe Preach My Gospel was introduced shortly after I returned home.

Wow! Sounds like were twins dad! i got sick too! Haha, tuesday i woke up to go to the transfer meeting and i just felt nasty. Cold flashes, headache neck pain, fever, soar throat and clogged sinus. Just in time for the meeting. We got a taxi to the meeting and and we got there right before it started. its air conditioned inside and i was freezing the whole time. i sat uncaring where my next area would be or who my comp would be. I just wanted to go back to bed. My new comp is Elder Harris and my new area is Viçosa. Hes district leader and im his Junior. Dont ask me why, i dont know. But i dont really care. Junior companion is my favorite. All you have to do is teach people. But Viçosa is a little farming city in the country. Its just a Branch and Pres said he put us there so we could help the new branch Pres. Im the Gospel principles teacher. The church looks more like a house. I did a devision here once like a year ago and sent yall a pic of the baptisimal font. Its just a big traugh in the back. The house is terrible and sometimes the ceiling falls down, the area is FULL of flies, and the branch has about thirty people with three men. But on the up side, it has mountains!!!!!! i havent been in mountains for ever! Not mountain moutnains, more like big hills. Ill send pics. But up in the hills close by there is a waterfall. I think we´ll go next week. 
We´ve been trying to find references and visit members recently. There are a lot of in active members here so Pres told us to activate all we could. Its been rough cause ive been sick to whole time. Im still sick right now actually. Sister told me to take tylonole and to work as long as my fever stayed below 99.4. So thats what weve been doing. Which also means i havent goten the rest ive needed to get healthy. Ah well. 
my comp is from Utah. Rich something south of Provo. Elder harris. He´s kinda weird but a chill guy. 
Were teaching two people right now and one is marked for baptisim. Shes a 22 year old girl who was taught before but didnt accept. she accepted now on the grounds that she gets an answer to her prayer. The other was a reference from a member. She went to the church cleaning and she likes the church. The only problem is its hard to get her to stay at home for long enough for us to teach her. 
Thats about it! ill send pics! good computer today! Love yall!
Elder Ian 

Some kids playing, and some women doing laundry.

And look what i found at the church!? I was thinking about using them but decided not to. How much do you still remember of them dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment