Monday, February 29, 2016

29 February 2016 - Boca Chica (Santo Domingo)

(Response to Dad's e-mail, in which Dad shared that my uncle Scott is getting remarried; another uncle Cory and his wife Melissa blessed their baby daughter, and all four of their kids' names start with G; Mom and Dad went to the Provo City Center Temple open house, which temple will be dedicated this month; Emily and I will be listing our house to sell this week; Ian is dating responsibly, though also plentifully; and somebody named Seth was in a show my parents saw. Oh, and my Dad sent a summary of a bunch of information on the Atonement he's been studying recently.)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!! That email just like blew my mind dad! Scotts getting married, Cori and Melissa had another kid whose name also miraculously starts with g, the new temple, Daves moving, Ian is dating responsibly, and You saw Seth! Wow! So much info my brains gonna blow. haha Thats super great dad! And thanks for the stuff about the atonement. Ill make sure and slip it into my study when I get the chance. Love you Dad! Thanks for your prayers!

(General e-mail)

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY/Carnival!!!!!!! Here at least. The 27th of february is probably one of the sketchiest holidays of the year in the republic, especially in the capitol and especialy close to the beach. (thats where we live) Everybody and their mom, their dog and there 2nd uncles first roomate buy gallons of beer and head to the beach to get waaaaaasted. Then, if your out late enough, you might get attacked by people dressed up in palm leaves with creepy wooden masks on. Never have I heard so many completely inappropriate cat calls nor wished that I had horse blinders as I did Saturday night. Also, we were supposed to have a double baptism on saturday but we baptize....on the beach. And where are all the crazy drunkards? on the beach. So that got cancelled. We rescheduled it for sunday...in our neighbors swimming pool because the beach party continues through sunday. Then there was no water in the pool, SO we reschuled it for next saturday. Oh well. The rest of the week was pretty lame. Ive had a pretty deep chested cough and congested lungs (kind of like the beginning of my senor year if yall can remember back that far) for like a month now and Thursday everything went to pieces. After planning we left the house and visited a less active who lives pretty far from our house. By the time we got there I was feelin pretty bad. i half slept through the lesson and afterward we went straight home. I collapsed into bed where my temperature shot up to 102 and slept for a few hours in a pool of sweat. I burnt out the fever, but my body was pretty wrecked and we didnt leave the next day either. That was probably the worst part. Even though I was exhausted, I couldnt sleep, so my comp and I just sat around, studying, playing dominoes or cards and just terribly bored. Doin better now though. Still a little sick, but our Mission Mom stopped by to give me something that should clear up my chest congestion, so hopefully all will be well very soon. And thats that for now. Love you all! Hope you have a great week!

This is pretty much what we eat every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment