Tuesday, September 27, 2016

27 September 2016 - Las Américas/La Caleta (Santo Domingo)

(Response to Dad's e-mail, in which Dad shared that he'll be watching the presidential debate and isn't exactly thrilled about the candidates, as well as home-made Italian for dinner with Ian and a former missionary.)

Well thats cool! Except for the presidency. Not excited about that. Everybody here always asks me who Im supporting and I always blow their minds when I say nobody. Ah! Food! Anyway, I will tell you about our totally awesome 4 baptisms in a sec.

(General e-mail)

Yet another tuesday letter. Sorry everyone, but my area is conspiring against me. Every monday the power leaves at exactly 6:30 and doesnt come until late at night. So...thats fun. BUT! The week!

So this week was pretty routine. Contacts, lessons, baptisms. Ya know. Missionary stuff. Wait! Yeah! Baptisms! So we baptized 4 people this weekend! The Urena family, Ruth and Sandra! All Miracles! I dont have pictures this week because I dont have my camera, but it was totally awesome. Sandra has been recieving the missionaries for over a year and just now, suddenly decided to get baptized! Ruth..well is Ruth. Shes awesome. I told you about Urena family already, but theyre awesome as well.

The baptisms were great, at Sandras we had like 100 people there! Including the Stake President! The others had alot of support as well.

Apart from that, the week was pretty normal, except for a very important announcement.

The 22nd of october, we are planning a huge White Night in Boca Chica...ON THE BEACH!! The Waters of Las Americas! We are planning on having at least 100 baptisms! The only problem is that we need a TON of baptismal dates to get a special permission to baptize on the beach.

Im out of time, but I love you all! Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment