Tuesday, February 21, 2017

20 February 2017 - Quisqueya (San Pedro de Macoris)

(Response to Dad's e-mail, in which he mentioned that he and Ian went to a shooting range at Red Dot in Layton.)

Cool! I wanna go to red dot...Im so out of practice. I found my self trying to remember the drills the other day and failing tragically. Well I loved the study that you gave me. Very inspiring. My normal study of the BoM also took me through Msh 15 which explains how Jesus is both the Son and the Father. It was the first time I actually understood it! It also made me think how the process of baptism is how we subject ourselves to the will of our spirit as well as our Father. Super cool. Im super tired and cant concentrate nor remember much, but it was very enlightening.. Love you Dad!

(General e-mail)

Dear gathering of people who read these letters. I am very tired and feeling pretty spacey, so I wont write too much today.

SO! This week was pretty routine except for our totally awesome temple trip on Saturday. We went up with the Contreras family and another guy name Eddy. Eddy is a pretty cool guy with lots of questions and interest, but drinks A TON! He wakes up and starts drinking. Poor soul. They all loved the temple and we had a great experience. President Corbitt met us there and explained the sealing to the family and even to a small demonstration with them. We went down to the capital in a little van and sang hymns almost the whole way. We had invited tons of members and all said that for sure they were going and then....they didnt. haha.

We were also supposed to have the baptism of Javiel and Johnathan that night...but they didnt come. The engineer boss guy of their work showed up and made them work really late. We were freaking out, running everywhere searching for them, calling their phone (out of battery) all to no avail. They also didnt show up to church on Sunday. A little discouraging, but oh well.

Today was a very relaxed Pday. My companion went down to the capital with some other missionaries to play soccer and I stayed in San Pedro with the companions and ate mexican food.

Welll.....if I think of more stuff, I will right it. Love you all!

Our family at the temple!



Dominican Plumbing. We woke up one day with water all over our house and that of our downstairs neighbor. A plumber came over and....just...destroyed everything...trying to find a small leak in one of the pipes.



No comments:

Post a Comment