Monday, September 14, 2015

14 September 2015 - Los Guaricanos (Santo Domingo)

I´m typing on an english keyboard...YES.

Also, I have to shave everyday now. Its really annoying. Sigh.

OK. this week. Typing time. So we had 6 investigators in church this week! Thats more than ever! We had Stivan and his sister Wanda (their parents decided to be bumbs and not come so Stivan won´t be getting baptized for a while), also a new investigator Ulissa. She´s awesome. She learns really quickly and already knows alot about the gospel and stuff. She´s great. Fausto has dropped off the map unfortunately and he won´t answer our calls. Oh well. Also, this Saturday we started our English class. We had like 8 people there and I taught them about introductions. (Hello, how are you, my name is... etc) It was fun. We also had some really great contacts and lessons this week.
Its been raining all day today. We´ve had like this one storm thats just been circling our area for days. Its been super humid and the thunder keeps setting off all the car alarms. Of course, thats not very hard. The other day, a dog barked and an alarm went off. And yes, I know that was the cause. I hate those things.

I guess our water pump broke or something because we havent had running water for like 4 days. We just use buckets do draw water from the cistern to take showers and flush the toilet and stuff.

My companion is driving me a little crazy. He doesnt like to let me teach and thinks I´m unable to understand alot of whats being said. I keep telling him that i understand, but oh well. We had a really great zone meeting this week where we talked about how If you receive a promise of The Lord, walk in faith as if it had already happened. Thats something I´m trying to work better with.

One of our contacts was an hermana sellama Lourdes. She learns really quickly and we left her with a BoM. Not sure how interested she is, but we´re working on getting her alot of friends in the church.

You guys ready to have you minds blown? We´re having ward council this week. (BOOM) Apparently we´re plannin a huge activity in the nearby national park. All the members will invite their friends so hopefully we´ll have tons of finding opportunities.
So yeah, that was my week. Love you all! Have a swell Semana.

Cooking selfie. We always cook.


The clouds here area always just so cool!



The neighborhood and the temple.




No comments:

Post a Comment