Monday, October 12, 2015

12 October 2015 - Villa Hermosa (La Romana)

Ok. Time for The Big Letter. So transfers. My new area is called Villa Hermosa in La Romana. Its about 2 hours from the capitol so we rarely get mail. Its the biggest zone in the entire country because it covers almost the entire east side of the island. Our area is actually Villa Hermosa B because it just got split in half, but its still HUGE. We live right next to our zone leaders who are in VH A. Our house has been abandoned for quite a while and had accumulated a fair amount of dust by the time we arrived. Its also completely barren. Theres a problem with the electricity so we can only iron really early in the morning, the fridge doesnt work and we dont have a washing machine, toaster etc. We didnt even have fans the first night. I thought i was going to die. haha The worst part is that we cant even clean the house because we dont have cleaning stuff and are completely out of the monies to buy cleaning stuff! BUT the work is good. We found 7 new families to teach this week and did alot of other contacts. Alot of people, as soon as they see us, yell ¨No! I´m Catholic and we worship God plenty at my church!¨ That being said, there are alot of really swell people here. The bishop is awesome and very helpful. The ward is pretty awesome too. The stake has a whole has alot of life and excitement.

We had stake conference this weekend and it was awesome. Our chapel is the stake center and it has amazing air conditioning. I was COLD!! Alot of the missionaries actually brought sweaters, but I was lovin it. The talks were amazing and President Corbitt was even there to talk about the importance of ward missionary work. I´ll talk more about investigators and stuff next week...when...you know...we actually have some. haha

My companion, Elder Solis, is awesome. He´s from Salvador and he is hilarious! Always during contacts he has the people rolling. He´s very friendly and fun, but he is a bit dead. He only has 2 transfers left which means i´ll be killing my first companion here pretty soon. He´s a hard worker, but you can tell he´s got his sights set on home. The other day, a plane was flying over and he turned to me and said, ¨Elder, how far away do you think that plane is?¨
¨I don´t know,¨ I replied, ¨Maybe 10, 20 miles.¨
He got a big grin on his face and said,¨I´d say about three months¨
He´s a goof, but really awesome. He can cook like a boss though. He´s is a convert to the church, the only one in his family, and he has alot of opposition from home.

I´d like to send pictures...but I cant reach the USB port for this computer...Ahhhhhhh....

Anyway, this place is great, the work is swell, the people are awesome and I´m lovin it! Until Next week loved ones!

OH! And, our new stake mission leader apparently knows Justin! He served in Bolivia too and he´s trying to find a picture to see if its really Elder Thompson!

No comments:

Post a Comment