Monday, October 19, 2015

19 October 2015 - Villa Hermosa (La Romana)

INVESTIGATORS! Yeah, we actually have them now! So really we have 11 new families to teach and some individuals, but lets just talk about progression. First, Tomasa and Yohkira. Mother and daughter, old investigators of the other pair of missionaries before the split. Tomasa is really just waiting for her back to heal so she can get baptized. We gave her a blessing last week and now she can walk with a walker! Shouldnt be too long until she can come to church! Next, the Pepen Jimenes family! This family was one of our first contacts and their great. THey love having us over and they´d promised they´d pray about Joseph Smith and the Gospel. We had a really great lesson with them. They werent at church though, which was kind of a bummer. And, Lucrezia.  Really, we´re trying to teach her whole (very large) family, but Lucrezia is showing the most progress. She´s this old grandma whose best friend is a recent convert in the church. She told us that she knows that we bring the truth and the word of God, so we´ll see where that goes! I dont have tons of time today, but I love you all and I´ll write more next week!

(Answers to Dad's questions: What are you sleeping on? How are the bugs? Did you say your companion doesn't speak English? How often is zone conference? How often are interviews? What is the mission compliment?):

Ok, your questions first. We were sleeping on beds, we did have that. We have lots of working wonderful things in our house now. Bugs arent too bad. Alot better than my last house. Nope, my comp speaks almost no English, Zone conference is every thursday, interviews I have no idea, and what the heck is a mission compliment?? haha glad to hear everything is going well! The new office sounds awesome! I tried to download the pics...didnt work. so if you could just send me some hard copies of family pics and friends and I dont know what else, thatd be great. I did not get my package and PLEASE just send it in the mail, covered in crosses and Jesus stuff. Thanks Dad! Love you! :D

This is speculoos cookie butter. Its like Peanut butter, but with delicious belgian cookies instead of peanuts. All hail. Found this at our totally awesome and partially american grocery store.


Elder Solis and I got Ice Cream in La Parque De la Corona.


THe familia Amades and...Jefferson. Again. Silly Jefferson.



A stream of goodbye photos that I couldn´t send last week. This is our miracle contact, Carolan.



No comments:

Post a Comment