Tuesday, June 21, 2016

20 June 2016 - Boca Chica (Santo Domingo)

(Response to Dad's e-mail, in which Dad shared that they took Jami and her kids to the aquarium, and that Ammon and his mission to the Lamanites is a type for Christ.)

FELIZ DIA DE LOS PADRES!!! I have a gift for you, Im just waiting for Ians sandals to be done so that I can send them together.

Anyway, that sounds totally awesome. I was actually just thinking about our aquarium the other day. Mom always invited us to go with her, but I was always to selfish and self occupied to go with her. One of the many things Im going to fix upon my return.

I had never thought of Ammon like that! Ill be sure to go back and read those chapters.

Thanks dad! Love you tons and Im glad you are having such a great time!

(General e-mail)

Alright well this week was kind of rough. It started off ok with good lessons and quite a few people that really wanted to be baptized. And then there was wednesday. However, before explaining wednesday, lets give some background info. So, our Bishop just opened up a new restaurant up by the beach that does delivery. Obviously, us as misisonaries saw this as a great chance to not cook! Thus, tuesday we all ordered a nice dish of rice and beans. It came, we ate and all was well. The next day however, was a different story. The one bathroom that works was suddenly the tri wizards cup as the three champions raced towards it to relieve themselves. Almost the whole house got really bad....stomach problems. Everyone, except for me. :D but, everyone else decided to stay in the house for the day because they didnt want to stress their tender stomachs with walking. In the end we played dominoes with our neighbor (I won...alot.) and finished off with a round of our neighbors avengers monopoly. My companion ended up playing soccer the whole time with another neighbor (can play soccer but cant walk to appointments 0_-...?). Anyway, the day was lost, and the rest of the week tanked. Appointments fell, we had a whole bunch of random silly things happen and just alot of time was wasted. I was not the happiest camper in the republic. All of our baptismal dates also fell and we also had one of our golden families tell us that they dont want us to visit them anymore. We barely saved the situation thanks to a tender mercy from the Lord in that we found a friend of that family, who is a member, on the way! Testimonies were shared, doubts were cleared and they continue, but dont want to accept a baptismal date.

In other news, saturday night we also got the call for transfers. Im out. I'm headed...back to Villa Mella. The zone where I started. Different area though, so thats cool. Still District leader, and my comps name is Elder Martinez. I dont know anything about him really, but ill give yalls the scoop next week. I will be very sad to leave Boca Chica though. I've got some of my best friends here. BUT the Lord needs me elsewhere.

Anyway, love you all! Hope you all have a great week!


Elder Beard gave me a present from his entirely batman themed package. hahaha


Final zone pic


No comments:

Post a Comment