Monday, January 16, 2017

16 January 2017 - Quisqueya (San Pedro de Macoris)

(General e-mail)

Yep, 6 weeks have already passed so its that time again! Im staying in Quisqueya which is looking to be my grave. My comp is headin home, finishing his mini mission and I am recieving Elder Barbosa from Brazil. Hes strait from the Amazon and looks alot like Johnny Depp. Im being bumped down to junior companion to help my companion progress and learn

So this week was cool. We saw alot of progress in our Investigators and we put a few new dates. The week itself was pretty normal except for Friday when I got called into the office to help organize and give council in transfers. That was pretty cool. While I was gone, my companion worked with some other missionaries in our area and ended up putting a date with a young girl named Melody. The is the sister of one of our people with a Bap. date and daughter of a less active. She just barely got back from vacations so we jumped on the oppurtunity. She didnt go to church on sunday, so we had to move her date, but she will definately be baptized this month.

So on sunday we had a special satelite conference with Elder Anderson which was super cool. He talked about the current Carribean theme which is putting goals using our faith in Chist. Our adult investigator that attended (Radames, who is dropping cigarrettes) loved it as we had already talked about that with him.

Apart from that....It was pretty much the normal week! Oh, shoot almost forgot. This sunday Im going to be called as the 1st councilor in our branch! So...thats fun! Not really sure what to do, but I know the Lord will guide me in what He needs me to do.

Love you all! Dont get trunky Mom! ;)

-Elder Frogley

Hey parents. So...I made a decision and there wasnt time to consult with you guys. I hope its ok, but I pulled out a bit of personal money to help out a member. He was pretty much dying for lack of food and is a painter so had I had him make a small paining as well as painting shirts for my companion and I. It was only about 25 dollars, but it helped him out alot by giving him work.



Basketball (I didnt play. We got there late. :D)
And a small piece of my area. The world just ends and becomes sugar cane.




No comments:

Post a Comment