Thursday, June 11, 2015

11 June 2015 - Dominican Republic MTC

Hurro Famiry!! :D Well the first week was very busy and quite repetitive. Spanish is going great. Its now to the point where my English is suffering because i keep trying to spell in Spanish. We wake up at 6:15 everyday and go to bed at about 10:30. These 16 hour days are wearing on me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it to some extent. We've already started teaching our first investigator. He's actually just one of our teachers dressed up as a 16 year old, but close enough. We have to teach in spanish so my companion and I spend like two hours writing out our lessons before we teach. The first lesson was terrible. It was like one giant awkward pause with a few snippets of talking in between. All the ones since have been great though. Thank goodness for the spirit. The MTC here is pretty nice, but rather small. It does have air conditioning which is super nice because it is toasty outside. Mom told me about that bird little bird that kept smacking into the house and I laughed out loud at breakfast. My companion just kind of stared at me and then started laughing too.

Oh, so my comps name is Elder Koerper. He's from New Mexico. He reminds me so much of Ian its kind of creepy. They talk the same, act the same, do alot of the same stuff, except mi companero plays baseball and isn't nearly as nerdy. He makes me work out everyday too. We run stairs (so many stairs...) and do tons of squats, burpies, push ups, sit ups, more squats, squat jumps, squat and holds, more squats...did I mention squats? Speaking of Ian, we went to the temple today (which was amazing) and the movie that we watched was the one with Michael Ballum as Satan. It was weird. The portrayal of heaven was so nineties I almost started laughing in the middle of the session. Oops. I was just glad to hear we get to do sessions mostly in English. The temple here is beautiful by the way but, like the MTC, very small.

I've taken a few pictures of my own, but I cant send them cus I don't have a camera cord and the computers we use dont have SD card drives. No pictures till I'm out of the MTC i guess. Sorry. :/ Also, you might already know this but don't send packages to the MTC cus they wont get here in time. It takes forever. Glad to hear everything's going great! I really need an adjustment dad which is sad because I know I won't get one for two years. Oh and if you could Maaaaaybe send me my black tony hawk shoes (Vans? Tony hawk? I dont remember) that't be great cus i dont have any normal shoes for Pday except for my work out ones. They have brown trim in the bottom. If you cant thats totally fine, just wondering.

Dad, please remember to forward my emails to my friends. Most of their emails should be on my facebook under my last, or at least one of my last, post(s). :) Love you all! I miss you bucket loads but I'm happy being out here and serving the Lord.

P day is Thursday in case you didnt already notice. Also, i'm going to check if one of the other Missioneros has a camera cord that can fit my camera so I can send you some pictures. It turns out i did bring my gym clothes...There were just hiding in one of my sealed bag things.

No comments:

Post a Comment