Monday, November 2, 2015

2 November 2015 - Villa Hermosa (La Romana)

Happy Halloween Everyone! A little late, but whatever. Anyway, this week was swell! Well...in some ways. We didnt really make alot of progress with our investigators, but we found some new families to teach! We had a really great lesson with Yasmin, who we met a few weeks ago. She is enormous and as a result has been in and out of the hospital these past 2 weeks. We started off just talking and her mom gave us this weird drink thats made from a boiled river root. It tasted kind of like a foot. BUT Yasmin had alot of questions about the church and was really interested in learning more. She said that she had to stay in bed for like 2 weeks but that she would read the pamphlet because she loves to read. My companion gave me the "should we leave her a Book of Mormon" look and I nodded. So we explained what the BoM is and left here with it. She was fascinated and promised to read. Tonight we have a Noche de Hogar (Whats that in english again? The thing on Mondays?) with our Stake relief society president and her family. My comp is a little bumbed because he just started a diet and were eating lots of taters and cheese.

Alright, change of topic really quick, Im gonna blow my moms mind. So out our local Jumbo (AKA murica store) I found Romaine lettuce, Feta cheese, Balsamic vinegar and Olive oil and...wait for it... Proscuitto!!! What???? YUS! Im gonna make a dope salad when I have money again. Thats pretty much it for this week, except that its been raining alot. OH! I just remembered! It got "cold" last night. All the Dominicans and older missionaries were bustin out the sweaters and blankets. It got down to like 60 something. I loved it, but everyone else was shivering. Alright, now thats it. Love you all!

(E-mail to Dad)

Alright Dad. Sorry I didnt write specifically to you last week, but I had very limited time. You letter made me cry. Its true, we have clashed sometimes and had our disagreements. I actually grew up convinced that you loved Ian alot more than me because you always seemed to be happier with what he did and pay more attention to him. I know now thats all rubbish, but Im sorry for all those times that I didnt appreciate you and your council. You taught me to work hard and enjoy it. To seek for the fruits of my labors and to do hard things. This week I realized that everything good that I am came from you guys. People always tell me Im a swell young man and that I have manners etc etc, but I realized fully this week that all of that is from the teachings of my parents. Without you guys, I wouldnt be half the man I am today. I see the parenting here and the struggles of the children and all the bad choices that are made and it just makes me so incredibly grateful that I had such an amazing and supportive family. I can honestly say with all my heart that I have the best parents in the world. I love you both so much. :)

Happy Halloween! People dont actually celebrate it here, so I just bought some candy.



And guess what I found in our murica store! Im set for La Navidad!


Look! I got my first mail!

Zone activity! Happy Days! We played basketball and volleyball and had an eating contest. We had to eat a cake and down a soda with our companions being our hands. I won.



No comments:

Post a Comment