Monday, November 30, 2015

30 November 2015 - Villa Hermosa (La Romana)

(NOTE: This is basically a reply to Dad's e-mail to Christian, in which he helps Christian better understand the doctrines he touched on in last week's e-mail. I also sent some clarifications according to my own understanding. If you would like a copy of the e-mails Dad and I sent him, please let me know, and I will send them to you directly: david.frogley@gmail.com. Reading through those two e-mails probably took all of Christian's time, which is why the e-mail is so short. Sorry 'bout that.)

Alright, so that makes alot more sense. Haha thanks for the Counsel Dad and David! How cool! I do enjoy deep doctrine, but youre right. We need to be careful as we cannot recieve revelation on this scale and thus are relying on our own interpretation and knowledge which is a big no no.

Alright, so your visit to grandmas sounds totally amazing. I wanna see this crazy factory of planes and amazingness. But...a memorable thanksgiving Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no. We did absolutely nothing except write Happy Thanksgiving on a chalk board and joke about how the still call it Black Friday here and not Viernes Negro. Man, Trevor is almost home...how weird.

Im almost out of time, but I love you and I hope you have a great week!

(General e-mail to everyone):

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone (a little late, but shhh)!! I hope it was great for everyone and that you all ate lots of mashed potatoes for me. :) So this past week was hard. We had a lot of appointments fall, no investigators in church and weve lost contact with Carmen and her family. BUT, were going to visit them today, so hopefully theyre still pumped for baptism. We did learn however, that part of the reason they didnt want to come to church was that our gospel principles teacher (who is also our ward mission leader) called them out in front of the whole class as being fornicators. My companion and I almost strangled him. We did have some really great lessons though and managed to find a few more investigators to teach. Were placin Copies of the Book of Mormon (; Like crazy! We just hope that theyre actually being read.

Hector has started reading again, but not just the BoM. He is reading together with the Bible, looking up all the footnotes and stuff! Woo! He has a daughter who served a mission, and is anxious to attend church and prepare for baptsim. Unfortunately, he has a lot of work and cant always attend or has to cancel our appointments. But he will be baptized, just in time. Hes great.

Well I dont have lots of time today, but I love you all and I hope this week is great for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment