Tuesday, July 5, 2016

4 July 2016 - Villa Mella (Santo Domingo)

(Response to Dad's e-mail, in which we learned that Jessica is spending a week in Ireland, Dad made grain-free pancakes for the ward Independence Day breakfast, and the family celebrated Carson Thomson's second birthday after Jason came from his latest assignment.)

Coool! Cool! Cool! Haha That sounds great dad! ANd I loved those pictures. Carson is two?!?! Shoot dang that was fast! And Jes is going to Ireland?? THats one of my dreams. Man, Im jealous.

But something you said did make me rather said. Did you really just tell me that you tried to make "grain free" pancakes? That just sounds like blasphemy. Why disfigure such a beautiful thing like that?

The week was great! We went to the temple and it was AMAZING!! Man what a spirit. I also took my patriarchal blessing to the celestial room. That was really cool as well. It mentions the importance that I lean languages, culture and beliefs, but I got a slight sensation that that will be used more in my church callings than in my future work. I also felt that if I attend BYU Id have the best oppurtunity to learn as the Lord Wants me too. I still havent made a firm decision about everything, but thats a definate possibility.

I am definately finding joy in what I do. Lately its been kind of hard to push away thoughts of home, but I still work hard and pray for Father to help me focus and give my will to him that I can be an instrument in his hands.

I am studying a few things right now. Ive started PMG over again, Im reading in ALma, at about chapter 47 more or less, and I also just finished a personal essay of President Corbitt about race and the priesthood. That was awesome. Very inspired if you ask me.

Love you Dad! HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! MURICA!

(General e-mail)

OOOOOOOOH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEEE,
BY THE DAWNS EARLY LIGHT,
WHAT SO PROUDLY WE HAILED,
AT THE TWILIGHTS LAST GLEAMING
Etc.

I dont feel like typing all of the song, but HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MURICA!! THE PROMISED LAND! YEAH!

Alright, now that ive let out that brief bout of patriotic cheer, lets review the week shall we?

So this week was pretty cool, and also pretty hard. Cool because we found alot of cool people and put more baptismal dates! At the beginning of the week, we had 2. Now, we have 14! Alot of them are very shaky, but I know that if God wants them to be baptized this month, the will be. This month we have a goal as a zone to baptize 3 individuals and a family, and right now we have a bit more that that (just by a little). Now the key will be giving alot of follow up, leaving with more members and helping the persons get to church.

One of the families, the Lopez Family, is really awesome. Their kids will definately get baptized, the the real trouble is with the dad. He wants to come to church, but always works on Sundays. Also, during the lessons, he has the craziest questions. About aliens and weird bizarre doctrines and he just loves to talk. He still said that he would be baptized when he recieves his answer though. The temple trip was awesome!

ALso, today we had a special zone activity where we sang the star spangled banner, grilled hot dogs and hamburgers and played Uno, Monopoly (card version) and dominoes. It was great.

I am out of time, but I love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment