Monday, August 29, 2016

29 August 2016 - Las Américas/La Caleta (Santo Domingo)

(Response to Dad's e-mail, in which Dad shared a recipe for a salad he made, among other things.)

I like that last phrase dad ["You have never had nor will ever have a better boss."]. Week sounds pretty swell to me! And Ian has told me nothing! Punk. Oh believe me Dad, Bourne is already on my list (Hidden in the very back of my journal :D) Have you heard anything about the new Ben Hur movie?

Yeah, I would love to make that salad but....its really hard to find good lettuce here.

Good Luck with school! My week was ok, but youll hear all about it in a sec.

A couple things Id like to share though. So on tuesday, Elder Allen and I finished reading the 4th missionary talk. (not sure if youve read that. its amazing) So one of the final traits for the 4th missionary is that he is redeemed. Forgiven and able to forgive himself as he completely surrenders to the will of God. After the study I knelt down and Promised our Father that I would do my best to stop fighting and just let him change and use me. Since then, my [personal struggles] have been so much easier as I feel my self guided and protected by the Lord.

Other point. So today I finished mormon and started chewing through ether. I thought is was interesting that Moroni refers to the Land where the Jaredites lived, as the land where he currently was, or the land northward. He also refers to it as their land of promise and other hints and little nudges that point alot more toward North America. So thats pretty cool.

Anway, I gotta start on the big letter, but do ya like the apron? And could I get that sloppy joe recipe? Love ya Dad!

(General e-mail)

Another week has come and gone and here you are, reading my latest transmission in form of the typed word on you chosen electronic display. I hope that you dont strain your eyes while gazing ceaselessly at the screen before you.

So! This week happened! Interesting week. So first, on monday, we recieved a text saying that Elder Allen was staying with me. Then we got another message saying that he was peacing out and I was recieving a mini missionary. So, thursday morning I head off to the office to go pick up my mission visitor. After waiting for several hours, we start the "trainers meeting". Then comes the announcing of the companionships. One by one, all of them were announced....except for mine. Turns out I wasnt even getting a mini, just a normal missionary so I didnt even need to go to the office! Sigh. Also, my new comp didnt even know until about 2 that same afternoon! Yay organization.

So now Im with Elder Rios from Mexico. He´s lived in Nevada for quite a few years, but doesnt speak much english. He understands ALOT, but doesnt like to speak. He´s kind of shy and Im pretty sure its a special assignment to try and animate him as he doesnt really want to do much. The following days were rough as many important citas fell and all of our baptismal dates went down with them. Almost the whole zone followed suit and we are ending this month with a bit less than we had hoped. That just means next month will be better though!

What was supposed to be our big highlight this week was our special lesson with Isaura. Her mom had showed her a whole bunch of anti mormon stuff and she was having serious doubts and alot of questions. Thus, we planned a lesson to go and answer them, but everytime we passed by, Isaura wasnt there or said she couldnt recieve us.

We were going to have a lesson yesterday, so I called to ask if she was home. She said yes, but that she wasnt going to recieve us and that she had had enough. She was just to confused and felt that her prayers had been answered in the negative. A little panicked, I bore a quick testimony, said a quick prayer and proceeded to say whatever came into my mind. I promised her that if she started in the very beginning of the Book of Mormon (she´s been reading alot but in different parts) and both started and ended with a prayer to know if its true, that she would recieve an answer, because God fulfills his promises always. Tonight we have another lesson, so I guess Ill tell you next week when she´s getting baptized! :D Love you all!

My dying friends...


Family night with the Collado family! We made dumplings and played Jenga.



Golfing! Golf cartin'! I miss driving!






No comments:

Post a Comment