Monday, October 17, 2016

17 October 2016 - Las Américas/La Caleta (Santo Domingo)

(Response to Dad's e-mail)

To answer your curious questions...

There are 14 missionaries in the zone with three districts (the wards). My comp is more of a special assignment and the other Zone leader is in my old area Boca Chica (its on your apron map). We get up at 6:30, but if I get to bed before 11 its pretty weird. Doin paper work and calls. We do one hour of Language study every day and I just read church manuals or teachings of the prophets in spanish. Right now Im reading the manual for the Pearl of great price. ITs fascinating!

Thats awesome that Ian is gonna work with you guys! I could like...write pamphlets...or biographies? haha Whatever. Glad youre feeling better, and although it brings me a chuckle, remember an email I wrote you a year ago. After conference we talked about a talk given by Elder Hale (I think) and I told you about age and patience and stuff. I also read a talk that explains the purpose of aging, that as our body gets weaker, our spirit has less inhibitions and can take more control of our actions. Most of our big decisions in life have already passed so now, in the more advanced years, we just need to grow and learn to become more like Christ! ;) Love you Dad! Hope you have a great week!

(General e-mail)

Time keeps on slippin slippin,

Into the future....

Friends! Family! Another week has passed! So this week was pretty routine. We're working with our baptismal dates so they can all get baptized on saturday. More than a few have fallen and some others need some divine intervention, but we have faith. We had some pretty swell lessons and also went on divisions [exchanges] with people....ummm. Im trying so hard to think of details to tell you guys, but this week just FLEW by. Way too fast. Lets see

Well we're supposed to be gettin vaccines this thursday, but theyre optional! HA! Take that system!

To increase Zone Unity we've been doing a nightly zone prayer and asking the gente [people] to pray for specific investigators from specific areas.

Transfers are comin up! I think i'm leavin, but we'll see.

As for the upcoming white night, It looks like about 60 people will be baptized. A little less than we were hoping, but thats still ALOT of people. If anyone wants to check out the beach, just look up Boca Chica Beach. Fair warning, Im not sure what might pop up knowing this country, but oh well.

In my personal life...not much. My companion and I are fine even if he drives me a little nuts sometimes. If any of you have seen Drake and Josh you might remember an episode where Drake blows all his emergency money on stupid stuff including a mexican robot that just says "Por favor?". Thats pretty much my comp. The robot I mean. He has a preset number of programmed phrases that he just repeats over and over and over. Love him though! Treasured son of God!

I'm also eating a bit healthier. We threw a tomatoe into our daily diet. Woo.

So today Elder Beard and I went up to El Conde to go through the first catholic church again, which was really cool. Hadn't been there since my training.

Grr....more facts! (grunts from exertion as face goes purple)

Ah! Fun side fact! The 2nd councilor from our Stake Presidency stopped by our ward yesterday and just ROASTED all the local leaders for not doing their jobs (they really arent). So that was fun, kinda sad and scary, but it brings hope.

Love you all!

I remembered something else! Today I got a random email from the two missionaries that are serving in my Utah stake.  They asked me for references and I had to laugh because I was kind of a hermit before the mission! haha I didnt talk to ANYONE! Sorry friends, can't help ya there.

No comments:

Post a Comment