Tuesday, March 7, 2017

6 March 2017 - Quisqueya (San Pedro de Macoris)

(Response to Dad's e-mail, in which he shared that he just got back from a seminar and will be heading to another one. Also how excited he is for General Conference next month.)

Another Seminar??? My goodness. Thou art a busy man. haha That sounds super awesome though!  I am PUMPED for conference.  Itll be my last in the mission which is SUPER weird, but oh well. Time passes.

(Response to brief note sharing that it was snowing here.)

Hey pops! Thats great! I miss snow....

I didnt get in to BYU FYI. THinking of going to UVU. Opinions?

(Response to Dad's e-mail, sharing his opinion that UVU is good, and so is USU, where Christian could be with Ian.)

Yeah, Ialso thought of USU, but at UVU I could still go and live with Dave.

Ill take it to the temple on wednesday. Any personal thoughts?

(General e-mail)

Oh the Big letter.

So the week was normal as far as the work goes.  I will add a few cool stories, but the majority of these come from study and other stuff.

So, the Contreras family. SUPER awesome.  Billy the dad is helping the family alot to realize that this is the right decision.  He always shares with them what he learns from the BoM.  On wednesday we put a baptismal date with them for the 18 and also put a marriage date for the 11th.  They dont have tons of money, but we talked about the faith and all we were in agreement that if God wants them to get married on the 11th, itll happen; as long as we do our part.  It was a really awesome and spirit laiden lesson.

So apart from that, personal study experience!  One day, I was sitting, wondering what I should study.  I leafed through scriptures and liahonas, but nothing felt right.  The Lord wanted me to study something else.  I felt directed to a specific Liahona, picked it up and started to read. Soon, I found an article about when good plans go wrong, for young adults.  It talks about a group of people who all have great, solid plans for the future, but all go awry.  As I read it, I felt that the Lord was preparing me for something.  Then, today I got a letter from BYU that I wasn´t accepted. I had received a direct answer in the temple that I should attend BYU, but the article helped me to understand that The Lord had other plans. For now. ;) So! We continue with more applications.

I received multiple witnesses this very day that God loves us and know exactly what is happening in our lives.

THis week, we are going to the temple!! My last with the mission. :\  Also, the date of Elder Andersons visit comes ever closer!

I will TRY to write more next week, but time just....grr.

I Dont have alot of time left, but I love you all! and time goes by too fast so enjoy every second!

No comments:

Post a Comment