Monday, March 27, 2017

27 March 2017 - Quisqueya (San Pedro de Macoris)

(Response to Dad's e-mail, in which he counsels Christian to stay busy, talks about the crazy spring weather--rain, then snow, then 70 degree sunshine, Ian's budding new photography talent, Jason's upcoming assignment in Nigeria with Jami and the kids coming, and the new Thomson baby expected toward the end of the year, and finally the upcoming Book of Mormon Evidence conference in Orem the week following General Conference.)

Busy is right! Here in the DR the weather...is a bit different. The sun burns REALLY REALLY hot during the whole day, and then rains all night. Its been doing that for about a week now and...wow. HOT.

Funny, I never pictured Ian as a big photographer. Funny to see where life leads our interests.

Yeah, Jason told me about NIgeria and the baby! CRAZY!! And youll have to tell me about the BoM conference. Pumped for conference!!

(General e-mail)

Well I dont really know what to say this week. I always say I will write more...but then I run out of things to say. hahaha You all know that I shout in lots of doorways, ask tons of references and eat weird food. Im not really trunky, havin a great time and....yeah...missionary life.

Well in my personal study Ive really begun to develop a deep love for the Book of Mormon. Im moved by the stories and I always wish I had more time to read. Elder Anderson told us that that was one of the signs of a true conversion. Yay personal progress! (not the young womens program. ;))

The contreras family continues the same. They all came to church on sunday and always love our visits. We watched an old cartoon with them that some of you might remember! Living Scriptures, Lehis dream. Its very old, but I still love it and it helps to teach the principles. We are going to put a baptismal date with the daughters of the family for april as we still havent fixed their paperwork situation.

THis week we also started to see just how much help our branch needs. The members fight and bicker, our presidency doesnt/cant do anything and Im just kind of caught in the middle, doing what I can to help. We are praying alot to know how we can bless the branch, but...its hard. hahaha NEVER LOSE HOPE! WOO!

Anyway. Thats...pretty much it...I cant think of anything else woth mention except CONFERENCE THIS WEEKEND!!! The sad part is that our branch doesnt even have money to go to the district center to see it, and we cant really watch it in our chapel...We're workin on it. haha

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment