Monday, April 3, 2017

3 April 2017 - Quisqueya (San Pedro de Macoris)

(Response to Dad's e-mail, in which he spoke of his adventures in Moab with Ian and Cory and Cory's boys; also getting to watch CONFERENCE!)

That sounds amazing! Ian keeps telling about all the adventures Hes gonna take me on when I get back. Conference was EXCELLENT! I was very saddened to see the subtitles during Pres. Monson´s talk but still loved being able to hear from him. I was struck by multiple points of the conference. First, how much everyone expressed their love for the prophet. I felt it was more than ever which is needed given the rising opposition. Also, the importance of the Holy Ghost and good family gosepl teaching and examples. I felt like those were a big part of conference. Loved it! The bad part i will put in the big email. heh heh. Love you dad! Pray for me to stay focused this last transfer. Im doin pretty ok, but I wouldnt mind the extra help. :)

(General e-mail)


This week was.....

Well kind of pretty cool actually.

No amazing stories to share, but I do have some funny experiences.

So this week we had to drop ALOT of our investigators because....they dont do anything, but we have found some really cool people in our contacting efforts.

One cool experience actually. We have been teaching this guy name Eddy for a long time. He was a 24/7 drunk and although he really enjoyed church, a temple trip, and the Book of MOrmon, hes never been able to kick the rum. We havent visited him for some time, but friday night we swung by to see him. Eddy wasnt home, but we found one of the friends hes always drunk with. The friend was semi lucid so we talked to him for a few minutes and invited him to conference. He told us that we would definitely see him here (he didnt go) and that he would bring Eddy. Then the cool part. He also mentioned that Eddy hasnt been drinking for a while now. He goes, sits with his friends, refuses the offered drinks and just reads the BoM. Were not sure if its actually true as drunks arent the most reliable sources, but it sounds cool to us!

Funny stories!

So saturday I woke up at about 3am with intense stomach pains and nausea. I guess i ate something gross on accident and, as a result, I was down for the count all saturday and most of Sunday. I never vomited though(even though I really wanted to). On top of all that we still had to pass for our investigators to bring them to conference and it was a VERY hot day. Then after the first session, we had to hop on a bus down to San Pedro, the major city, so that my comp could do a baptismal interview and we passed the night there. I fought to stay awake during the sessions but finally gave out at the end of priesthood. It was rather miserable, but I still thoroughly enjoyed conference.

Also, while I was talking with an investigator I was abruptly hugged from behind by this super nasty stalker girl who...well lets just say she has very low moral standards. I clenched up like a clam and we booked it out of there pretty fast while my companion held in his giggles. I was pretty grossed out. Yay mission experiences. hahaha

Love you all! Have a great week!

Trampoline palace! Best Pday ever!! Dodge ball, foam pits, fighting thing, basketball hoops. SUPER cool. I took mostly videos but...here are a few photos.








No comments:

Post a Comment