Tuesday, April 15, 2014

7 April 2014 - Estancia, Brasil

Well hello! So nice to see you again. We had a brief break because I get these e-mails forwarded from Dad, and my parents and youngest brother were on a Caribbean cruise the week before General Conference and didn't have access to internet or cell service. So, here you go!

Hello family! WE HAD had a fat storm the other day and it knocked out most of the internet in the city.lightning struck right outside our house. It was kinda fun cause its been a long time. This week was kinda slow. Were goin to try to write to everyone another day. Right now im on a tablet of some members.  But as far as conference goes, my favorite talk was durring priesthood sesion from elder oalks I believe, about the priesthood. About women and their roll in the priesthood. The only downside is pres made us all watch it in portuguese. And the interpreters have really borring voices. So that was tough. We finally marked the times and dates for the weddings and baptisms that weve been working on. Jose e socorro wont be baptised until the 24th of may. So I womt be here to see, which is sad but we were pumped to have a firm date for them. We also got several references from members. We startex teaching the bishops father in law. The bishop and his wife thought he would reject us for sure. Hes pretty old and a little senile. But we tought him and challenged him to be baptised in the 19th. He said if thats what his wife wants hed do it. Better then a no I guess. We had one investigator who made the trip out to cconference. Its tough here. You have to get on a half hour buss ride through the blazzing heat to get to the stake center. We were impressed to se her there. She wants to bebaptised a lot but her boyfriends rough with the whole thing. I dont know why, theyve been living tovether for like 21 years and have several married kids. But thats how it goes here. Im going to be a mairrage expert when I get home in 7 months. Today we had a bbq here to have a partg before the transfer. Its almost certain that ill be leaving. I wont see any of my investigators baptised which makes it hard. But it was lame because today wasnone of those days wwhere everything just doesnt want to work out. Missing ingridients, closed stores, late trains, burnt rice, super salty meat. On the up side a missionary got a package full of american stuff which was amazing! and that reminds me, thanks much for the egg nog and chrstmas cards. They finally arrived! But if yall wana send me something at this point, it probably wont bet to me on time. Were almost done! Im starting to try to figure out what to do when I get home with work and school. Ill figure it out later. Send some pics of the trip! Love yall!
Elder frog

No comments:

Post a Comment