Monday, August 10, 2015

10 August 2015 - Los Guaricanos (Santo Domingo)

This week was better. We actually didn´t end up dropping anyone, but that was because nobody was around for us to drop! We went over to Jimmy and Jamy´s last night to drop them, but they were all super sick so we set up another appointment. We´ll see how that goes. Also, do you guys remember Fausto and Demeris? Well they didn´t come to church last week and we were kind thinking we might have to drop them too, but this sunday they came! And we didn´t have to call them or pass by their house or anything! And it was good because all of our other investigators that we passed for were still asleep. I was feelin pretty bumbed until we walked into the chapel and I saw them! Woo! Also, during sacrament, Fausto leans over to me and asks "Why aren´t I a baptized member?" Well good question Fausto! Probably cus your girlfriend is living with you and she´s crazy. I didn´t say that obviously, but we talked afterward and explained that we needed to teach him more. Estivan is still awesome, but he hasn´t come to church yet because he´s always asleep when we pass. All of our contacting and asking for references really turned up nothing until like thursday night. We were walking home when this drunk kid and his friends start yelling at us from the side of the road. We turn and say hi and start to walk away but he waves us over. We walk up to him and he says "I want to change my life. Are you guys Jehovas witnesses?" His friend behind says, "No they´re Mormons." The kid nods and gets a real serious look on his face and says again that he wants to change his life. We asked him if he was really serious and he nodded quite emphatically. He almost fell over in fact. So, we set up an appointment for the next day. I didnt get to go cus I was on splits but apparently it went really well. His name is Aliser. We stopped by his house yesterday and I saw his scriptures open on the table with the Plan of Salvation pamphlet open next to it. I was quite pleased and I´m pumped to actually teach him.

We talked to some more crazy people and that was kinda fun but I hate wasting so much time. My companion says we can´t just leave in the middle of their ramble though. I do believe thats it. We plan on getting some baptismal dates this week, so I´ll let you guys know how that goes next week! If I think of anything else I´ll write more!

(Response to Dad's e-mail):

A second Doctorate?? Thats crazy dad! I´m out of time, but wow!  Also, thats pretty toasty. Sounds like down here, especially with the rain.  Its hurricane season down here so we´ve gotten quite a bit.  Love you dad!  Not gonna lie, I wish I could help you with the lawn.  I miss grass that isnt 3 feet tall and covered in garbage. :P  Not important though! The work goes on! But really, I love you Dad.  Alot.  Good luck with all your school work and smart guy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment