Monday, August 24, 2015

24 August 2015 - Los Guaricanos (Santo Domingo)

Transfers! Well the good news for this week is that I´m staying, but the bad news is that Elder Batman is leaving. He´s being transfered to Punta Cana which is the rich are where people are "banished" to. The work there is super hard and that area doesn´t even get mail. Aaaaanyway. This week was rather long. One of the elders in our house, Elder Valdes went home today and he´s been rather dead all week. We had our last zone meeting this week and pretty much threw him a going away party. I have many pictures. haha Not alot else happened this week to be honest. We´re back down to 1 progressing investigator (Stiven) and we´re going to be asked him to be baptized this week. If you remember Eliaser ( the drunk kid who had a real interest) His grandma went a little nuts. She is very...very evangelical and spouted off to Eliaser about how we are of the Devil, believe in reincarnation, chop people up and worship Joseph Smith. Unfortunately, he believed her. We had a very long talk with him, but for now he just needs more time.

I had 3 full grown men tell me I was korean this week. Korean. I just about smacked the third one. We expect it from children who all think we´re chinese, but adults? come on guys. thats just sad. We also met a boy named Youtube. Yep, his Dad named him Youtube. Thats quality parenting right there.

We had some great contacts this week, but rather few lessons. Oh well. This week I´ll be working with my new companion who doesnt speak any english! But apparently he´s amazing. He´s from an Island near hawaii. The other elders are out of the house too. One went home and the crazy, annoying Dominican got transfered! No more raps about eating cereal, money and me singing like a dog. Whew. I will miss Elder Valdes though. Anyway, Love you all! Lots of pics this week!

Ah! how did i forget!!! We´ve got a Hurricane coming in tomorrow! Hurricane Danny. I´m kind of super excited, but It´ll probably die before it reaches us. Oh well, maybe next time. Its been over a hundred degrees in our house through most of this week as well, so thats fun. :P ok, Love you!

(Response to one of Dad's e-mails)
Thats odd. No, I dont have my pin and I never have. I cant use it like a credit card here because its super poor and nobody has a ....slider thing.. Only accept cash. Sorry. :/ I should be ok for a little bit though. Love you dad! I´m sorry if sometimes I sound whiney and judgey, but I´m really not. I do love these people. Its just hard when i see little kids chaining pregnant dogs to a tree so that they can throw rocks at it. Thats normal here and it breaks my heart. Satan definately has a strong hold here. But hey, thats what we´re here for.





This...is a fruit. Theyre super popular here. You pop in the middle part and suck on it. The Natives can have them in all day. Theyre not super great, but what ever. Also, we bought a ton of fresh mangos this week and have been churnin out the smoothies.



Goodbye house buddies. This is my new agenda. Decorated it myself.



I made some doodles. One to help me study.





No comments:

Post a Comment