Monday, May 2, 2016

2 May 2016 - Boca Chica (Santo Domingo)

(Response to Dad's e-mail, in which he talked about a huge wind storm that blew through, a wonderful stake conference, and the upcoming Mothers Day call.)

Wind? Thats super weird. Here its been raining pretty steadily for like 3 days. Now its just reaaaaaaaally hot. Like this key board is slippery from the sweat on my hands. Stake conference sounds amazing though. Im going to try to get permission to use this Google Hangouts thing. To be honest, as busy as we´ve been here, I totally spaced that sunday is mothers day! heh heh. We will see what happened, but just have skype ready and maybe we can coordinate google thing from there. We will see. Im trying to call at around 1 or 2. I know thats kind of early for you guys, but I cant call in the afternoon. Also, it depends if theres power because our light schedule is pretty wack. If not in the afternoon, then at night. We might even have to do it the next day! Anwyay, Love you dad!

(General e-mail, which includes a wonderful testimony. Please note, I believe he means "Ether" and not "Either" when referencing Book of Mormon scripture.)

Alright!! So this week was pretty swell, even if it did have its twists and turns. Frist off, DAPHENEY GOT BAPTIZED!!!! Yay!!! The other 3 we had planned we ended up putting for next week because they didn´t actually ask their parents like they said. So they will be the first baptisms in our new chapel. Yep! New!! We´re finally moving out of our nasty temporary building and into a real, freshly remodeled chapel! Also, our house is getting crazy remodeled! Everything is just so good! And of course transfers are next week. Oh well. Its the Lords work, not mine! I don´t have a whole bunch to say this week, but I do want to share 2 very special experiences before I book it to our FHE.

So! Dapheneys baptism was great. We didnt have alot of people there, but it was still a great experience. We had a really nice service and then went to the beach to do the ordinance. As we walked out into the water however, she started shreaking and hollering about how cold it was and I had to practically drag her to where the water was deep enough. You should know that baptizing in the ocean is hard with all the waves and stuff. Last time I almost fell in and did lose my sandal. So this time I chose a nice sandy spot where I had a firmer footing. As I performed the ordinance, everything went smoothly. I didnt fall. Then, as a started back toward shore, Dapheney shrieked and grabbed my arm as she slipped on a rock. As a result we both took a dip in the ocean. I came out of the water laughing along with my comp and the members on shore. Dapheney was hooting and hollering for Heavenly Father to save her from the cold water. I dont understand how people that live on a tiny Island, like 5 minutes from the beach, can be so terrified of the water. Im a land locked man and I LOVE the water. Just a bit confusing.

So that was fun, but this week we also had a really amazing lesson with Angela Ramirez. We found out a while ago that she is having problems with the Law of Chastity. Its really a rather bizarre situation, but the details arent important. Anyway, we brought her best friend Bebe (return Missionary) and Bebe´s brother, Isidro (future missionary) to the lesson to talk about the power of faith. We shared in Either and various examples of supreme faith the the BoM and the Bible, ending in the picture where Jesus knocking on the door with no handle. We have to open this door. The Lord cannot save us against our will. Then we had Bebe invite Angela to be baptized. She said no, but the conversation that proceeded thenceforth was spectacular. We finally ended with a special prayer. We had planned to do the prayer and then just sit in silence to listen to the Spirit, so that Angela could be more concentrated and intune with the still small voice. When we invited her to pray however, she said no and pushed it off on my son. I said that, No, she should do it and then knelt. Everyone followed suit and we waited expectantly for Angela to pray. My dear trainee however misunderstood and started to pray instead. My first thought was "Dang it! Thats not what was supposed to happen!" Then I just started praying like crazy for the Spirit and the my son would know what to say. He said a great prayer and then, before everyone arose, I felt very prompted to say my own prayer. So i started. Everyone hurredly knelt back down and I plead to Heavenly Father to help Angela know all the things we´d taught were true and that we loved her and that she could know of her Divine Potential, Etc. Etc. I started crying about half way through as I was just about overcome by the Spirit (I had already been pretty watery thoughout the lesson). Then, Bebe prayed. Another really sweet prayer. The Spirit was so strong. Then I invited Angela to pray again. After a brief pause, she too prayed. She asked Father for the strength to overcome her temptations and lots of other really good things that I wont say for privacy´s sake. Afterwards, we all arose from our knees, and then sat down in our chairs once more, to sit, ponder, and continue silent prayers.

I have only ever felt such a Spirit in the temple.

During this silent time I felt like Moses, that I stood (or sat) on holy ground. We all continued pleading to the Lord for Angela and I shed more tears. I felt, purely and with obstruction, the divine and perfect love that Heavenly Father has for this, his daughter, and for each one of us. I cannot describe such a feeling.

I knew in that moment that Angela would be baptized. I´m not sure when, or if I will be there to see it, but she will.

My dear friends and family. I love you all, but more than that I know that God loves us. He lives and watches over us each day. He weeps for our sorrows and rejoices in our success. He wants us to be happy, but provides opposition that we may grow to be like Him. He is the Grand and Eternal Father. He who was, is and forever will be. This is His gospel. In the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment