Monday, May 23, 2016

23 May 2016 - Boca Chica (Santo Domingo)

(General e-mail)


Well. Well well well. This week was really cool in some ways, but rather challenging. Lets start on the challenges so we can end on a positive note. My son is proving to be quite a hassle in his terrible twos, but Im sure hell grow out of it. Also, our investigator church attendance was down...to 0. That was pretty disappointing, especially because alot of our Baptismal dates dropped. We also split the area. That was alot more complicated than it should have been. Alot of arguing and fight over territories. It felt like two generals at a war table negotiating cities.

On the up side, we are working much better with our bishopric and members in general. There is alot more unity and strength in the ward itself. We also found 3 new families to teach. One of which, the Duran family, have been investigators for a long time. Their son, bryan, is already a member, and he is a STUD. Best future missionary ive ever met. The main problem of this family was marriage, but we brought in the big guns with our first counselor and got them commited. It was a really cool lesson. While im writing this Im itching to leave because we have to catch a bus back to our area (were in the capitol) and I dont know when the last on leaves. ALso, its a long walk. Itll all be well though. Nevertheless, this will be rather short. We also had Zone conference this week. That was great as Pres. Corbitt shared with the noobies his shpeel about having great faith. Really inspiring and all that.

These weeks cruise by way to fast. I jsut feel like I dont have anything to say!

How about a house report. So our house has alot of problems. My toilet doesnt work and the other bathroom barely does. ALso, the tube from the other bathroom got melted by past missionaries so now we have a little bit sewage spewing into our backyard everytime we flush...so...thats pretty missionary. Weve also had water very on and off this week. What we really need is a new house. haha

So. The work is good. I live and I love it. The more I study the scriptures, especially the p´lan of salvation, I realize just how kind and patient God is. He truly loves us more than we can imagine, and thus gives us every and any oppurtunity to repent and come to him. This is especially evident in DyC. There is a saying here that "Dios es Bueno!". God is Good! I am in totaly agreement. "I know that my Father loves me."

Love you all! Thanks for your prayers and support!

Love

-Elder Frogley

No comments:

Post a Comment