Wednesday, September 18, 2013

9 September 2013 - Estancia Brazil

More pictures!! This time we have a baptism and a beautiful Brazilian chapel. We also get another great look at the exterior of Brazilian dwellings and Elder Frogley's culinary adventures--this time, it was crabs. "Literally the whole crab. I ate its brain!" Then we are treated with a panoramic view of Maceió (Wait, is he still there? Is he not in Estancia?) and an evening of "integration" (?) with water balloons. And it seems like our beloved Elder took some lovely trips to the coast, so we get to live vicariously through him :)

P-Day Excursion

P-Day Sand Dunes

P-Day Coastal Trip

More Sand Dunes

Typical Brazilian Dwellings

Beautiful Brazilian Chapel

Eating Crabs... Whole...

Baptism!! Jose Lito!

Welcome to Maceió!

Water Balloons!

And here is this week's update! Just to keep you all in the loop, Dad sometimes sends his journal entries instead of trying to re-type all the events of the week. Thumbs up for efficiency!!

I got it. Thanks for the journal pages Dad. They were very touching. Now I know i have one more helper on the other side of the veil to help me find people to teach. I hope shes happy and I hope we can use her as an example in our lives. I know we never got along very well but looking back, im going to miss her. And because of her I have parents that taught me everything I know now. She really was amazing. Haha, im tearing up a little bit in the Lan House and these Brazilians are going to start looking at me weird.
Now on to the Week! Its an exciting one! So Tuesday we had a Zone meeting. AGAIN! Im getting SOOOOOO tired of riding on the bus. Our Zone leader is driving us crazy! But that doesnt matter all that much, were still working and baptising. Ill start with the baptisim! We had one Saturday. We met this girl on Sunday who had been going to church for three weeks with her Grandma who was the mother of the Branch Pres. We thought this girl was a member but when we talked to her Sunday at lunch she said she wasnt! So we invited her to be at that second and she accepted. Haha, good stuff! We taught her through the week and shes living everything and shes reading the Book of Mormon and shes understanding verywell and she was already living the comandments! We didnt have to do anything! We just told her to show up on Saturday and we baptised her. It was pretty chill! 
Next, do yall remember Suzana and Diana? Suzana took off to Lagarto or something and we didnt get the chance to talk to her last week but we´ll try this week. we really focused on Diana this week. She always said she read and prayed and felt good but she never took it as an answer. So we decided she was just scared to change churches and of the unknown. So we decided to teach her about the comandments and we read the Artacles of Faith with her. After we finished all that we asked her how she felt about it all and she believed alllll of it. We thanked her for her time and told her to pray one last time about what she learned. Two days after we got a call from her. Anderson picked up and she asked to talk to me. So I got on the phone (which is awefull cause portuguese is an awefull language to understand on the phone) and we talked about life for a few minutes and then I asked her if she had prayed. she said she had. I asked her how she felt after and she miss understood me and thought I asked about baptisim and said she wanted to be baptised next week! I was like, alright ill take that! So thats 3 baptisim back to back! First time in my mission! Were trying to get Suzana to be baptised at the same time! 
And finally Amanda. We met her through English class and went and visited her. She didnt make it to church the first time because of water problems in her house and the second time because she was traveling. But she went to a baptism and liked it alot and we showed the church off to her. Shell go to church on Sunday then be baptised the next week! I hope Im still here cause this transfer is finishing off! It flew by! Thats about it for us but I hope you al have a ballin week! Love you and theyre are a bunch of Brazilians here who love you too! They told me to send that! 
Elder Frogley


No comments:

Post a Comment