Thursday, August 22, 2013

11 February 2013 - Aracaju Brazil

It looks I wasn't sent the e-mail from the previous week (*ahem*), but we'll go with it for now. This week Dad mentioned that he got to take some family names to the temple for a friend of his. We also hear about how crazy Elder Frogley is (missing snow??), what a typical missionary diet is like in Brazil, and how absurdly tall Elder Frogley is--well, we already knew that, but it's even more obvious in Brazil :)

Thanks for all the prayers family! I feel the protection! Congrats on the names done! I miss the temple! And the snow! Sooooooo much!  The members here are great! We are fed just about every lunch! The members here arent too poor. There are poor people  but were in a farely wealthy area so its good! I will try to be more fickle but the buss is expensive and we spend alot of money on it because we ride it sooo much. Well make it work. We eat alot of meat here. Alot. Seriously. So much. And beans and rice. Every meal. Thats about it. If we get salad its a little letuce with tomatos and onions. But the tomatos here are really good! Ill have to make you guys some food when I get back! The members are really friendly and we do service every saturday. Some of the female members are a little too friendly but I can handle it. I love the looks people give me in the street. Theyre four of us and were all in white shirts so they give us all weird looks but Im the only american. SO they scan down all of us then just stare at me for ever. And double takes everywhere. Theres never a time when people arent staring. Im like a movie star and its getting old fast. No baptism but we took to investigators to church yesterday! Im pretty sure theyre both gay though so that should be interesting in the next couple lessons.Our other investigators have seemed to have dropped off the face of the earch for carnival which was this week. So not much work done sad to say. But were going back to visit daniel again. We taught another lesson to him a couple weeks ago and re comited him to reading the book of mormon. I bore my testimony to him and I think it really touched him. I definately felt the spirit. Keep the prayers coming! And through in an extra one for my skin! I got a nasty burn on my neck! But its all better now! And the bugs are still eating me! People keep asking if Im allergic! But I dont get down that easily! Bring in Masquitos.
Love you Fam!
Elder Frogley
Ps no photos this week cause I forgot my camera. Lots next week

No comments:

Post a Comment