Friday, August 23, 2013

29 April 2013 - Maceió Brazil

We're all together again; we're here; we're here. Yes it's time to catch up on the adventures of Elder Frogley! This week Dad mentioned that he's working on a book about the Word of Wisdom and nutrition. He also discussed Christian's options for when to leave on a mission, given the announcement of the reduced age requirements at General Conference. Just to give you some context for Elder Frogley's replies to those comments.

Haha, I want to read your book when I get back! That sounds awesome! Im a little byust (I dont know how to spell that) on chritian leaving later cause i want to see my little bro off! But It would probably be good for him to get out soon. Less of a chance for the world to get a hold of him after highschool. That was my problem. the wedding was so epic. Simple but beautifull. I was thinking of weddings in the US compared to weddings here. Like Daves or Jamis or Danis. They were hugely extravigent! If people here saw  a wedding like that I think theyd explode. I got my braces! I forgot to tell you? I got them like a month ago! Sorry! they went pretty fast cause they were little! thanks so much! They help bunches! especially in this area! Its all hills and stairs! Im less worried about my birthday as Mothers Day! How are we going to work out this whols skype thing!? I dont know! We´lll figure it out. Whats the time difference again? I cant remember. So my week was a big uplift followed by a bit of a plumet. We found 8 new investigators in one day! We were pumped! They were all verry inthusiastic and ready to pray! That was the up.But then almost all of them got wet. I dont think that makes sence in English but thats how we say it in Portuguese. They got wet feet? I cant remember the saying. We visited them and they all pretended they werent home or strait out said they dont want to talk to us. We convinced one to continue with the lessons and were visiting our last tomorrow so maybe well have more luck with him. He was the most enthusiastic. We also started an english class again! We have lots more success here then our last area. The youth are amazing! Almost all of our work comes from them! The members got kinda mad at us because we dont work with them, just the youth. But we tried to work with them and the answer was always the same. Theyre to busy with their ´´important lives´´ to help grow the church. SOO anoying. Some people just bug me ya know? As far as Damião e Cladie they were going to be confermed yesterday but the husband was embarressed to come to church because he didnt have any pants. But today he went out and baught a bunch of shirts pants and shoes so next week were golden! It was a huge sacrafice on his part cause he only makes $100/month! The bishop refused to only confirm one of them wich made us a little mad. ah well. For the birthday is yall want to send me some american food or something, would be awesome! Like peanut butter! Or maybe some pancake mix! that would be awesome too! no pics this week! Sorry! I cant believe Lauren is getting married... crazy... hey, also my companion is from Samamish washington! We go to his ward when we visit grandma! Cool right!? Love you all!
Elder frogley
PS have you read Jesus the Crist? Its awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment