Thursday, August 22, 2013

28 January 2013 - Aracaju Brazio

Hello friends, and welcome back to Elder Frogley's adventures in Brazil. This week Elder Frogley is pleased that his pictures got through to Dad (I don't think I have those... hint hint...), he shares his first impressions of "real" missionary work out on the streets (apparently people like Americans in Brazil), and a we see a brief glimpse of the weather in Brazil.

Cool about the pics but wheres the rest of my letter! Heres the summery of last week! We have several progressing investigators and more every day. People let us in just because Im an american. Its awesome! Im getting better at understanding and can join in conversations more, people want to talk to me really bad because they think I look like Thor so their pacient with my Portuguese. We got a member referal yesterday, so well soon be teaching a family of four! THat will be solid! Maria, shes a school teacher and our farthest along investigator, is coming to church and shes really receptice, I feel like the spirit really touched her last lesson, even though I messed up with my portuguese. Doesnt matter as long as the spirits there. Our first baptisim date is next week, hope it goes well!! Im a little nervous! I bought a basketball saturday, I couldnt resist. All the people I can play here are Brazilian and no one wants to play basketball against the huge American guy. So its just me and my companion. It never gets below 90 degrees here and it never rains!!!! I would give anything for rain!! I litteraly never stop sweatting!! And theres no air conditioning!! And the ocean is so close!!! I still love it though! yAll better come get me after my mission so we can hit the beach! Did you look  up Aracaju!? Love you fam!
elder Frogley

No comments:

Post a Comment