Wednesday, August 21, 2013

18 December 2012 - Provo MTC

Hello and welcome to the Elder Ian Frogley blog, where I, his older brother David, will be posting Elder Frogley's family e-mails. Please note that Elder Frogley often responds directly to e-mails from Dad, Chris Frogley, some of the content might not make much sense. I won't be posting the e-mails from Dad because of the personal nature of some of the content. Also note that Elder Frogley isn't exactly superb with his spelling, punctuation, and grammar in general, and learning Portuguese has only made that even more difficult. I'm not going to edit, correct, or change his e-mails in any way, thus preserving his voice and the quirkiness we all love :).

In this e-mail, Elder Frogley is studying at the Provo MTC because he hasn't received his VISA yet to go to Brazil. Dad has told Elder Frogley that he sent some mail via USPS, but it appears Elder Frogley hasn't received them yet.

So, without further ado, here is the first e-mail I received:

Hey! I havent gotten any letters yet but thanks for the updates! This is for mom too by the way! It takes a lot of time for mail to get our here. And I cant receive packages! Youll just get them back! If youre going to send packages send them to my mission! Ill have to go get that address, ill send it to you soon! I got moms email and I got a dear elder from christian when I first got here! thanks bro! Thats crazy about the connecticut shooting, I heard about that! The snow is starting to be missed. If I had the ocean Id feel better but now Im just in the middle of a huge city and its a million degrees. the CTM is fun, here the brazilians are crazy. Durring soccer games they freak out whenever their team scores. Durring sacrament meeting we were in the middle of a talk and fire works started going crazy and theyre were people shouting in the streets! I flet like a civil war was breaking out outside! Teaching is cool, but hard to do in Portuguese still. I was trying to tell a women names anna that were all here to be tested, and I accidently said were all here to be testicles. She couldnt stop laughing and then we couldnt stop laughing so we left her with a challenge and bailed! Thats exciting about your knee Dad, Ill pray for you! Today we went to the temple! beautifull! While I was there I felt prompted to put your name in the prayer box but I thought, why would he need that, should have listened to it. Next time! Youll be ok, I know it. I look forword to playing basketball with you! People here are nice. We had a little conversation with a man out on the street the other day and it was pretty cool! Oh by the way, I might have to give Jason his christmas present when I get back, let him know? I heard The hobbit was awesome! Im so jealous. When I get back Im going to veg for a while and just watch stuff! I knew Trevin would make it to the end! Let me know who wins! Letter take about a month to get here, so I might still get your letters. ummmm... could you keep an eye on my bank account? Thanks! Ill send you pictures when I get my card filled up! Thats ok about that letter system, I mostly just did it to get a free cookie. Go ahead a keep emailing! Love you!
Elder frogley

No comments:

Post a Comment