Friday, August 23, 2013

19 March 2013 - Aracaju Brazil

It's another work-filled week in Brazil, and Elder Frogley lets us know about new e-mail rules for his mission, aches and pains only a chiropractor can treat, frustrations with BPS (that's Brazilian Postal Service... I made that up), Portuguese getting better (I think that's how you translate what he said) despite it being the "most difficult language in all the world" (I think he needs to take a semester of Mandarin or Navajo before making that claim), and what a blessing music is in our lives.

Haha, ahhh Family... The email rules have changed! We now can write with more time and write to my investigators! I dont know when it changed but I just found out! I just had a zone confrence a couple weeks ago. They drive me crazy! I dont like meetings. I REALY dont like meetings. So were in the hospital today and Im writing today instead of yesterday. My companion has more problems with his knees then I do. He finally told the presidente and he said to go to the hospital. So thats our plan for the day. He wishes he had a chiropractor and he just asked me if you would come down here and take care of his knees for him. haha, hes crazy. My knees havent hurt for some time now. The prayers are really helping! Thanks fam! Yea, packages take about three months to get through to Brazil. Depending on how big it is and whats in it. Its kinda rediculous. Rodrigo is still loving church. He pays tithing, he asks tons of questions, he offers to say prayers, he awesome! We watched to Joseph Smith movie with him the other day and he coppied it to watch again. I hope it answered some questions for him. The spirit was there for me, but I can never tell if theyre feeling the same way. My companion does speak english, and he likes falando em inglês. Meu portuguese e ficando melhor. E o mais dificil língua em tudo mundo. So my portuguese is getting better and its hard because its the hardest language in the world. At least the hardest latin bassed language. I can have conversations pretty easily with the other brazilian missionaries. Durring exchanges we talk anout life and stuff and its pretty chill. We only knock doors durring exchanges. Its hard to get into doors around here because people are really lazy. They are either sleeping or eating.The go to work, come home, eat, and sleep. Its rediculous. also we have two catholic churches in our área and our church is like half na hour away. So its REALY hard to get people to come to church. Rodrigo is our only progressing investigator, but were about to start teaching the friend of a member, so that should be good. And shes a girl, and girls Always seem easier to teach. Still no baptisms!! The other missionaries in our district had 6 baptisms in the past three weeks! What the poop! But they live right next to the church so its a bit easier. While I was watching the Joseph Smith movie I thought about the pagent and now I keep thinking about the music! Love that music! Hey, time flies! Its almost winter! Haha, for me anyway. Not much of a difference but still! Mothers day is sneaking closer and I can Skype yall! Hurray! I had 73 contacts last week with 5 lessons taught, two more with members, and 1 challenge to baptism accepted. But then her mom said she couldnt talk to us anymore!! AHHH! I was so mad. So thats life in Brazil. We did reactivate some members! That was cool!
Love you fam!!
Elder Frogley

No comments:

Post a Comment