Friday, August 23, 2013

22 April 2013 - Maceió Brazil

We've got some more pictures this week! But never before seeing the picture of the bathroom had I ever been grateful for being second-shortest full-grown male in our family! (Uncle Colin is an inch shorter than I am). This week we get to hear about weddings (which are quite tough to get, apparently), baptisms, and lots of PORTUGUESE! :)

Wedding time!
Alright! WWow what a week!! So here it goes! First my old investigator! Remember Rodrigo! Our baptism who was gay but is changing!? Were gone and hes still going very strong! Im so happy for him! He got the aronic priesthood and he wants to go on a mission next year! Hes so awesome!! And here!!!!! Wow! So weve been teaching this family who my companion had been teaching for some time! They had a baptisimal date set but his other companion left. Its a husband and wife (unmarried, quite common here) with three kids! For the last entire week we did almost nothing but prepare for the wedding cause they had to get married! They were all for it! We prepped the whole thing though! Sooo hard! I never want to prepare a wedding again! Its a pain! But the wedding went without a hitch on saturday and they were baptised right after! it was tight! We still had time to teach some really great people! We met this guy on the street a week ago walking with his son. His son loves the church and has always wanted to get baptised but never had a chance to talk to the missionaries. His dads a drunk though and drags his son around with him while hes drunk. Its sad and were trying to get a hold of them but theyre hard to find. We know where their house is but theyre never there. But we were going to visit them the other day (they werent there) but while we were knocking on the door we heard some people up the hill talking about us (they assumed we didnt understand) they were saying ´´why would two rich guys be here knocking on doors instead of traveling the world?´´ we thought itg would be sweet to answer their question. So thats what we did! There were two old people who were stubernly not wanting to let us speak, but there was also this guy who really wanted to know more and was really impressed whith what we were doing. He said that were doing exactly what Jesus did and he wanted to know how he could be better. He invited us to his house to teach his family on wednesday! Soo cool! BAPTISM! But Anyway. Im typing likke a thousand miles a second.  Way to go dad! I want to read your book when I get back! I speak nothing but Portuguese. The most English i speak is in these letters to you guys. I thing my skill in the language has doubled. My teaching is getting better with the language. Ive noticed I good at relating to people and getting them to tell me stuff they normaly wouldnt tell people. I have like a trustworthy face or somthing. But it makes it easier to teach. I treat lessons more like a conversation then a lesson. Which is something that missionaries have a problem with but I feel is important. I figured out who my companion is. Hes Adrian Monk but take away a little OCD and add some more uncourdination. Seriously. Hes so weird. But hes an excellent missionary! People say my accent is already better then his which is awesome! Hes been here for over a year! Luis is doing well. He had an emergency transfer recently and he got stuck as a junior companion. I dont know what happened but Im still trying to figure out what I learned from him. Maybe what not to do. Love you fam!
Elçder Frogley
Figured it out! Photos incoming! Give me a sec!

Crazy little market out in a podunk
city in the interior.






The "Tiny Transfer Toilet"

The culture is tight. Its really layed back. They have time set asside (even at work) after lunch for people to take naps. Probably because its so hot! And the rain has started! It hasnt stopped! For the past two days! Im glad I have an umbrella. Hey and I met an Elder Schofield here from New York and hes from the same ward as Lauren and Adam! weird. He said to say hi. And did I tell you that my professor in theMTC was in the same mission at the same time as Adam over in Japan. Worlds a small place. I have time cause my companion is using the pics so Im going to write my testimony in portuguese. Eu sei esse igreja tem tudo os verdades de o evangelho de Cristo. Eu sei que se fizemos tudo podemos fazer em essa vida podemos voltar para morar com nossas famílias depois essa vida. Eu sei que temos um profeta em o terra agora e ele fala com deus por nos. Palavras dele são o palavras de Deus. te-amo família! Tênue muito saudade do vocês! Photo time

I think that Portuguese bit says, "I know this church has all the truths of the gospel of Christ. I know if we do all we can do in this life we can return to dwell with our families after this life. I know we have a prophet on the earth now, and he talks with God for us. Words from him are words from God. I lov eyou family! I miss you (all) a lot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment