Friday, August 23, 2013

8 April 2013 - Aracaju Brazil

Sorry all, but this e-mail was attached to the bottom of the previous one, so I didn't see it until I had already posted the later one. So it's out of order. Oh well. I wonder if I can change the order of the posts... Hmm... HAH! I did it... And you never even noticed. :)

Anyway...

Oi Family and friends!!! 
So the language is getting lots better. I was talking to a family the other day about their favorite TV shows cause they love american TV. Ive started to forget words in English. Ingish? I seriously cant remember. Its Inglish here. Im so jealous about youre Italian!! They dont have real Italian food here. Thats tight about the reunion though! Itll be interesting to where my companions go after my mission! I dont know what kind of cancer he has, he doesnt know that much about it. But its benine. My companion and I speak mostly Inglish cause hes not very pacient with my portuguese. But I still got lots of portuguese practice. I hope my next companion doesnt speak inglish! Good luck with the knees! I pray for ya! Alright, week summary time... So the week was pretty boring. Lots of sitting in the appartment icing knees and stretching. What else... oh yea. BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rodrigo finaly made the switch!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH!!! We it took three interviews!!!! Gooodness. We talked to him all week about it. Tuesday he said he believed in everything and he had a strong testimony. But he was woried what would happen if he was baptised and couldnt stop being gay. Would he be alone forever? Would he be damned if he gave up? Stuff like that. I told him to try something, I told him to pray for understanding, read Ether 12 (I  thing) and to apply it to himself. I also showed him Jacob 4:7. Thursday my companion got a txt that said, I want the interview. So we hurried and called the ZL and he came down Saturday morning before conference! This was all very rushed because we have transfers tomorrow. And he got baptised yesterday at about 11! I was so happy and he said he wants to go start teaching his family! Im so happy for him! My companion said its the first baptism our ward has had in over a year! And our area was longer! And it all started with my companion shining a lazer out the window while Rodrigo happened to be reading an Alien book! Crazy! So about the hospital thing. We didnt do divisions for my area, my area pretty much didnt have missionaries for the past few weeks. It was sad. Were going to the hospital today to decide if he needs to go home for sure. The rest of my week was boring so Ill tell you about conference! It was sad watching the priesthood session cause I knew you were there Dad, and I didnt get to eat Mexican. We had Priesthood session Sunday morning. All the sessions were good. We watched them all. I always love Holands the most!! So good! All the Americans watched it in a different room on a TV in Inglish. We had these two fat coolers in the room, so we turned them on all the way and left it there in between sessions. When we went back in it was around 70 degrees! We were all freezing to death! We all put on jackets and had goose bumps! I couldnt feel my feet! So good! It was exactly what I needed! Im going to die back in Utah.  So Mom asked for a run through of an average day so here it goes. Usually wake up at 6:30 and exercise and stretch. Study and talk to my companion and chill in the appartment, maybe visit Rodrigo upstairs, until 12. then we go to lunch with a member. After that we go out working. We go to investigators first. Then to past contacts, and if they all through wich is pretty common, we go tracting again. then get back from 8-9 and prep dinner and eat and sleep! Good stuff!  Hey Ill send you pícs of the baptism next week! I forgot my cammera! Love you everyone! Elder Frogley 

No comments:

Post a Comment