Thursday, August 22, 2013

22 January 2013 - Aracaju Brazil

Welcome to Elder Frogley's first e-mail from his field of labor! This week we learn about his first area, his first companion, and his first visiting General Authority--and an apostle no less! We also experience with him his first chance typing on a Portuguese keyboard :)

Hey Family!
Sorry I didnt write yesterday! My p day will usually be on monday but we went up to Maceio to hear Elder bednar speak! We were the first mission hes ever spoken at! I got to shake his hand! was awesome! So my Area is Aracaju! Look it up on Google street view! Its beautifull! THis computer is hard to type on, darn portuguese. I got to maceio and the president was there to greet me along with the APs and the secritary and some other guy. We went to a realy nice mission home and ate and received our assignments, and companions. My companions name is Elder Luis, hes from a city south of sao Palo. Hes pretty cool and hes very good at teaching. we went to this dumpy little layover home for a night then hopped on a bus to Aracaju, it was about a four hour ride. Macio is a suprisingly dry are, it doesnt rain much and when it does not very hard. Its REALY hot. Ive gotten used to just being sweaty all the time. Utah would prolbably kill me right now. Our first day here we went around and met a bunch of members. The social classes here range from the really really really poor, like tin shak. To the abnocciously rich. But everyone is pretty accepting. Our second day we went out and knocked on doors. we made twenty contacts, taught six lessons and got two baptisimal comitments, and it was close to the same the next day. For lessons I dont talk much, My companion makes me teach one of the sections, usually Christs earthly ministry and I do the ba´ptisimal challenge and bear my testimony. The people are really nice and cool about my portuguese. Im trying to send pics but these computers are really slow. People love that Im from America. Theyre really impressed that I would come down here. Lots of people speak english which I fopund weird. Oh, and the bugs here are murder. I have 32 bug bites, I counted. Yall should send me letters! I think you have my address. Thats a great scipture Dad, Im readding in 3 Nephi right now. Read in 3 Nephi 4? When Gidgidoini draws all the people into Zarahemla on the coming of the armies of gidianhi. Kinda like what we should do with families in these last days, the armies are coming and we have to draw close together. Oh and I got my first proposition to mairrage yesterday! from a member! I was throughly creeped out. We ride the bus, A LOT here. SOOOOO MUCH. I spend half my day on the bus. And my press is really layed back. We are allowed to go to the beach, but not in the water. Were going after this. Love You much, good luck with your knees!
Love,
Elder Frogley
PS my companion wants you to send him an iPod, hes making me put this is here. apparently ipods are super expensive here. like $2000 

No comments:

Post a Comment