Wednesday, August 21, 2013

24 December 2012 - Brazil MTC

In this e-mail, Dad has told Elder Frogley that he had knee surgery and has to sit around all day. I presume that Dad got more gospel study time while he was incapacitated, because he offers to send Elder Frogley some talks on various subjects for him to study, assuming Elder Frogley can find the time to do so.

As you've probably noticed by the title of this post, Elder Frogley finally got his VISA and headed to the Brazil MTC to be with the rest of his original district.

I could find time, go for it! And by the way, this is my Christmas letter for the family so no reading until Christmas! I cant stop thinking about past christmases back home. Over at Grandmas, the family making ginger bread houses. The old blue house and all the lights out with the christmas lights around the tree and on the shelves, for a kid thats Christmas magic. The thoughtfull letter from santa that was proof of loving parents doing their best to give a boy a good Christmas. One thing about Christmas that I dont have any particular memories about are presents. I dont have a single lasting memory of a present I got. The only things that seem to have mattered, even when I was little, were the loving times spent with a loving family. Ive never thought of it like that before. Wether it was the long drive to Mexico. Pancakes and a movie for breakfast downstairs. Or camping out downstairs with Jami so we could run up the stairs while dad held the camera. When I was a child all I thought about were the presents. But even then those memories havent stuck. Thats the message I want to share, from a missionary to his loving family. Im not going to miss presents, getting cool stuff. The people here dont own as many things as I had sitting in my room back home. I miss my family, and the memories. I would really appreciate it if you could all put together a list of your favorite family Christmas memories and sent them to me. Christian, I hope that you can mature faster then I did and discover this for your self, it adds a pure meaning to Christmas. Its about Christ, not presents. People here would laugh if they saw our tree back home! I love you so much, from your missionary, Elder Frogley
Alright, now that the serious is over its time for a recount of the week! Right now Im looking out of a class room window at the second floor and I see a mango tree and a lot of tropical bushes. Its like one hundred degrees! I miss the snow too... Its just not the same! But pres monson said his missionary Christmases were the best so Ill trust him! Did I tell you were preparing an investigator for baptisim in two weeks! Woooooow! Of course its just a member posing as an investigator... but still!! Thanks for the prayers guys! I know its been helping! Dad, I feel ya, sitting around all day is awefull. At least I have some gym time! I went the police station the other day and got all official! I got finger printed and everything! People love blonds here! We also gave a Christmas concert out on the street and I was chosen to be in a special choir! Kinda fun! People here are amazing! So funny! Theyre definetly partiers! Im so excited to get into the field! Love you
Love you lots!
Elder Frogley

No comments:

Post a Comment