Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8 January 2013 - Brazil MTC

Greetings and welcome to another e-mail from Elder Frogley, in which we learn about his brand new companion and their first experience proselyting in Brazil--both the good and the.. challenging... :)

Hey family and friends! This week has been awesome so far! MTC stuff has been pretty average, I got a new companion though! That was cool! His name is Elder Volk! Have I told you this yet? Anyways. I went prosolyting yesterday!!! It was crazy! We started out at one and went to 3 in the afternoon. We had four coppies of the BoM. We started out with a walk around the block, we stopped a few people but none of them were interested. That didnt discourage us though. Ive found I like to laugh at peoples faces when theyre rejecting us, its hilarious. People were crossing the street to get away from us, and running for their houses! Ah, good times. We finally cornered a guy on a bench and asked if we could sit down with him. He worked at an autobody shop near the MTC, super chill. He even spoke a little English. He didnt know anything about the church but wanted to know more. We taught him a bit and then gave him a BoM and he gave us his address! It was awesome! After that it was pretty smooth. We had some people freak out at us one was even openly hostile! It was so funny! Cause their soo little! We got cursed by some little old homeless lady who I think was insain. she started mumbling jibberish at us and waving her arms, kinda freaked us out.  At first I was speaking really fast Portuguese cause I was nervous and noone could understand me, but by the last guy we talked to (a construction guy sitting outside his sight) I was talking really well. We talked about construction and how I had done some before I left, then got his address and placed our book! The people are very nice and receptive down here! We get to go out again next monday but their taking us out into the middle of the city! Oh, and the girls are creepy here, they go out of their way to tempt the missionaries, its terrible. I hope your knees get better Dad! I look forword to some ball! Be nice to them! And good luch on those talks, just be glad you dont have to give them in portuguese (wich is getting easier every day I might add, still hard to understand though, esspecially when youre talking to an old toothless guy) Keep the letters coming! I got your Christmas packages! I love them!! Youre the best! And my didstrict loved them too!! Ill let you know where I get call to! Eu amo voce, muito mais! Eu esperenco tudo voce esta bem! Tchau!

And here's the translation of that last bit:

I love you (all), much more! I hope you (all) are well!

No comments:

Post a Comment